GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
UDYOG BHAVAN, NEW DELHI
POLICY CIRCULAR NO. 37 (RE-2000)/2000-2001 Dated 2nd January, 2001
1. Agricultural and Processed Food Products
Export Development Authority
Ansal Chamber II, 4th Floor,
Bhikaji Cama Place, Africa Avenue
2. All Customs Authorities.
3. All Licensing Authorities
4. All others as usual.
Subject :- Placement of quantity of 8500 MTs of Raw Sugar from the Freesale Quota of 2000-2001 Season ( Oct. to Sept. ) for export of Preferential Raw Cane Sugar Tariff Rate Quota for the fiscal year 2001 ( October 1, 2000 to September, 30, 2001 ) to USA.
1. Attention is invited to the entry at Code No. 1701 of Table ‘B’ of Schedule 2 and Sl. No. 25 of Appendix 1 to Schedule 2 of the book titled “ ITC(HS) Classification of Export and Import Items, 1997-2002” as amended from time to time.
2. It has been decided to allocate a quantity of 8500MTs ( Eight thousand five hundred MTs ) of Raw Sugar out of free sale portion of 2000-2001 season’s production for export to USA as Preferential Raw Cane Sugar Tariff Rate Quota for the fiscal year 2001 and place the same at the disposal of Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority ( APEDA ) for the purpose of issuing Registration –cum-Allocation Certificate ( RCAC ) to M/S Indian Sugar and General Industry Export Import Corporation Ltd., N. Delhi.
3. The existing procedure in respect of preferential sugar export to the USA for issue of GSP Certificate as well as other Certification requirements if any prescribed specifically for export of sugar to USA shall continue to be followed and subject to prescribed pre-shipment certificate by Export Inspection Council.
4. This issues with the approval of DGFT.
( A.K.SRIVASTAVA )
DY. DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
FOR DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE