Government of India
Ministry of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhavan, New Dehli – 110 011.
Policy Circular No. 44(RE-2004)/2002-2007 dated 24th August 2004
Sub : Guidelines for import of Rough Marble Blocks/Slabs.
1. Attention is invited to Policy Circular No. 29(RE-01)/1997-2002 dated 14.3.2002 regarding the guidelines to be followed for grant of import licence for import of rough marble blocks / slabs.
2. A number of representations were being received from the various associations of marble manufacturers/processors for review of the import entitlement of rough marble blocks/slabs. This matter has been considered in detail and decided to allow 50% import of the rough marble blocks of the total imports of rough marble blocks / slabs made during the two years’ period (i.e. 1999-00 & 2000-01), when this item was under SIL.
3. Accordingly, para 4 of the said policy circular stands modified as under:-
“Value of the licence to be issued in a year shall be limited to 50% of the total CIF Value of imports made by them during the years i.e. 1999-00 and 2000-01 when this item was under SIL Scheme.”
4. Other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
5. This issues with the approval of Director General of Foreign Trade
JT. DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
(Issued from File No.01/93/180/M-31/AM03/Pol.I)