Turkey Diesel Imports from Jan to May 2020 – Turkey Import Data

23 July 2020
Turkey Import Data

Turkey’s diesel imports valued USD 1,458 million from Jan to May 2020. The highest number of diesel shipments were arrived in January month, which recorded a value of USD 507 million. After which, the value of diesel imports in Turkey started declining considerably due to coronavirus pandemic, which has affected millions of people across the globe. According to Turkey import data of diesel, the country imported diesel worth USD 151 million in May month. Let’s have an outlook on Turkey imports of diesel in year 2020 and compare it with year 2019. Also, check which countries supplied diesel to Turkey the most in 2019.


Turkey Diesel Imports from January to May 2020


Diesel comes under Chapter 27, which is mineral fuels & oils, which is the largest import category of Turkey. Turkey imported diesel worth USD 507 million in January month of 2020. From Feb to May, that dollar amount declined sharply due to coronavirus outbreak. The affected supply chain, trade restrictions and lockdown has resulted to shortfall in diesel imports into Turkey. Below given chart and table shows value of Turkey diesel imports recorded between Jan and May 2020.



Month

Value USD Million

Jan

507

Feb

319

Mar

251

Apr

230

May

151

 


Turkey Diesel Imports in 2019 – Quarterly Values


Turkey imported diesel worth USD 6,121 million in 2019, which declined from 2018’s USD 9,160 million. As per Turkey customs data, diesel imports into Turkey were increased in Q2 & Q3 and decreased in Q4 of 2019. Look at the chart and table below to analyze Turkey diesel imports in four quarters of 2019.



Quarter

Value USD Million

Q1

1,513

Q2

1,769

Q3

1,761

Q4

1,078

 

Imports of Diesel in Turkey – Growth in Value in Last 5 Years


The value of diesel imports in Turkey during last five years shows that Turkey imported maximum diesel in 2018 worth USD 9,160 million, while year 2016 recorded the lowest value of diesel import shipment worth USD 5,353 million. If we see analyze these figures growth-wise, we found that Turkey recorded the lowest growth rate of diesel imports during 2014-2015. And the highest growth rate was recorded during 2016-2017. In the last 5 years, Turkey recorded negative growth rate in diesel imports in three years, while two years recorded a positive growth rate. Check growth rate of Turkey diesel imports in last five years from chart and table given below.


Year

Growth in Value %

2014-2015

-40

2015-2016

-19

2016-2017

32

2017-2018

30

2018-2019

-28

 

Turkey’s Top 10 Import Partners of Diesel in 2019


Turkey imported diesel the most from Russia, followed by India in 2019. As per Turkey trade statistics, Turkey imported diesel worth USD 6,592 million from Russia, while USD 2,398 million from India in 2019. Russia shared 36.4% and India shared 29.4% value of diesel imports in the said year. Both the countries together shared 65.8% to the overall value of diesel import shipments.


Other major Turkey’s import partners of diesel are Israel, Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Malaysia, United Arab Emirates, Japan and Saudi Arabia. Below given chart and table shows percentage share of these countries recorded in 2019.


Country

Value USD %

Russia

36.4

India

29.4

Israel

12.7

Bulgaria

8.4

Greece

5.9

Italy

2.9

Malaysia

1.1

United Arab Emirates

0.7

Japan

0.6

Saudi Arabia

0.6

 


Turkey stood at 14th position in global diesel imports during 2019. The country decreased diesel imports for the first time by producing more diesel oil domestically. Due to coronavirus pandemic, many countries are now becoming reducing dependency on imports of certain goods from other countries.

Is this article helpful. Share with others!   

Add Comments


 
To Get Quick Response
Request a Demo close modal